testing

Home / About / Contact|PR / Beauty / Tea / Disclaimer

Pages

Tuesday, August 6, 2013

A Sister's Haul

Smashbox Vivid Violet , MUFE 50 Black

Many of you probably don't know this, but I have younger sister who has recently gotten into makeup lipsticks. I've decided to interview her for this haul of hers. (I must note here that while my style tends to softer pinks and pastels, my sister's style tends to be more bold and adventurous - something I can admire from afar.) 


For example, she's trying to build up her lipstick collection so that she has "all the essential colors." What does this mean? She says, "Unlike, you, sis, I don't want the same color in every other brand." Ouch. She wants to expand her lipstick collection so that she has one distinctive color in the whole lipstick rainbow. That means one nude, one brown, one perfect red, one workable violet, one black, one blush, and one workable pink. I don't think I could ever do this. First off, I'd never wear black unless my Halloween costume needed it. 

Anyway, one of the last few in her collection picks were the black and the violet. For the black, she chose MUFE's Rouge Artist Intense lipstick in 50 - the blackest of the black. She says that she chose this black out of the others based on reviews on sephora and makeupalley. When asked about the formula, she notes that while it is drying, she prefers the light texture over the other heavier creamier lipsticks. In her words, "I just don't like that feeling of having something thick sitting on my lips."

For the violet, she chose Smashbox's Be Legendary Lipstick in Vivid Violet. In her words, "Of all the other violets, this was the particular color and shade I wanted." I guess others were just too dark or too pastel. As for the formula, she says that she loves that it lasts for a long time. It also may not be the most moisturizing lipstick, but it isn't drying either. And she loves that it lasts her quite a long time. 


Smashbox Vivid Violet, MUFE 50 Black

Smashbox Vivid Violet, MUFE 50 Black

Smashbox Vivid Violet, MUFE 50 Black


Do you have any lipstick from MUFE or Smashbox?
If so, what do you think of their formula?
Do you own black or violet lipstick?



bloglovin  |  pinterest  |  twitter 


No comments:

Post a Comment